Kisumu Youth Olympic Centre is a grass root organization registered in December 2003 as a non-governmental organization (NGO). We work towards assisting very needy children in education, social training and sports. We also work with the youth in and out of schools towards their empowerment in areas of peace, human rights, HIV/AIDS, and economic development.
Vision: Give a chance in life to young people to be able to translate their potentials into self-reliance.
Mission: To provide efficient support to young people, mould and empower them towards academic, social and economic development for improved and sustainable lives.
Our Core Values
- Integrity and accountability.
- Gender balance
- Human rights protection
- Team work
- Creativity and innovativeness
- To provide a platform for young people to realize their potentials
- To empower young people with skills and information for self development
- To promote human rights.
- To enhance young people’s participation in decision-making and democratic governance.
- To mobilize young people in the community towards peace building initiatives.
The organization has four major development partners/donors all from Sweden:
- Foreningen Afrikas Barn (FAB) [Association for the African Child]
- Forum Syd (FS)
- Swedish International Development Agency (SIDA) and
- SKF-Sweden [Swedish Bearing Manufacturing Company]
Other Program Linkages and Network collaborators
KYOC has over this period developed important collaborations that have enriched its programmatic focus immensely. These partners have emerged from
- Government of Kenya Ministries and Department,
They include; Ministry of Agriculture, Fisheries and Livestock, Department of Youth affairs, Culture and the Arts, Ministry of Social Services and Gender, Department of Justice and Constitutional Affairs through National Legal Aid & Awareness Programme (NALEAP), Ministry of Health, Ministry of Education, Kenya Police, Children’s Desk (Police Department), Children’s Department and Kenya Industrial Estate and Constituency Development Funds Offices.
- Non Government Partners
These are; Global Healthcare Public Foundation, Child Link, Youth Alive Kenya, Kenya National Commission Of Human Rights, Ujima Foundation, Local Youth Groups
- Academic Institutions
The academic institution that the organization works with are ;Migosi Primary School, Kisumu Boys’ High School, Kisumu Day High School, St. Ignatius Magadi Secondary School, Eregi Teachers’ Training College (TTC), Migori TTC, Kaimosi Institute, and Maseno University
Others: Standard Group and Radio Sahara (Mass media)